Firefox issues

ubuntu-users at lists.ubuntu.com ubuntu-users at lists.ubuntu.com
Thu Aug 4 01:03:22 UTC 2005

I've got two odd things going on with firefox. I have ver 1.0.6
installed and updated from Ubuntu 5.0.4.

Every time it opens, it displays an empty sidebar. Even if I
close it and shut down firefox, the empty sidebar reappears when
I relaunch the browser.

Also, when I click on the Home button or choose Home from the Go
menu, it takes me to the Ubuntu Welcome page, even though I've
set my preference to use a different Home page.

I've tried searching for previous discussion on these topics, but
I can't find a decent way to search the mail archives and
browsing takes forever. (Any helpful links on a search interface
to the archives?)
--
Jeff Smith
Computer Science Dept.