Cannot install base-config with apt-get

Philipude ulist at gs1.ubuntuforums.org
Thu Aug 4 10:38:04 UTC 2005

After more Googling I found a problem very alike with the solution:

Date: Wed, 23 Jul 2003 17:28:24 -0400

Sridhar Srinivasan wrote:

> Use of uninitialized value in substitution (s///) at

> /usr/share/perl5/Debconf/Format/822.pm line 57, <$__ANONIO__> line
5069.

Your system crash managed to corrupt your debconf database. Run

/usr/share/debconf/fix_db.pl and if that does not fix it, remove all

files in /var/cache/debconf

I did and ended with an unsolved error after another apt-get update:

Depends: linux-restricted-modules-2.6.12 is not installable

and I asked why in google and found that it is not available yet:

where is new linux-restricted-modules in breezy ??

Depends: linux-restricted-modules-2.6.12...

There is none yet. We are working on it

Is that true??

--
Philipude