Cannot install base-config with apt-get

Philipude ulist at gs1.ubuntuforums.org
Thu Aug 4 07:46:18 UTC 2005

Just upgraded just now and the errors report is:

    console-data

  base-config

  ubuntu-minimal

All seem to depend on console-data as all report:

"Can't call method"choices" on an undefined value at
/usr/value/perl5/Debconf/Question.pm line 85, <Gem1> line 5.

Any suggestions to work around this?

>note that breezy is not intended for day to day use, its in heavy

>development and broken currently... its intended to be used by people

>that can work around such breakage, provide bugreports and help
fixing

>the breakages.

That I know. However, I hope you find it helpfull also to find serious
problems reported, even I do not know - at once - how to solve them. We
may find solutions together. If I do first I use to report it to the
relevant forums :razz:

I do not report problems before I know that it _is_ actually bugs.

>if you want to use it on a daily base, i would suggest to

>wait for the preview release in four weeks where things should have

>worked out a bit.

In this case I needed to go to Breezy to get my wifi-card to work. I am
most greatfull to all developers of this project. I have seen quite a
lot who has the same problem, so maybe someone will make high priority
to this. Also as the desktop is directly unaccessable.

So I encourage "used by people that can work around such breakage" to
give some suggestions we can try out and maybe further develop.

Thanks in advance.

--
Philipude