Java in ubuntu

Steve Torrefranca javacide at gmail.com
Wed Aug 3 13:48:59 UTC 2005

>keytool is in the JDK, it should be found.  I've used apt-get to get
>the JDK -- had the problem ... then I uninstalled the JDK ... cleared
>it from the archive, downloaded the .bin from Sun and created my own
>.deb, installed that ... same problem.

did you do "java -version" from the terminal just to see if env
variables were properly set?  I use java/Eclipse/Jboss in my laptop and
another machine java/Jboss and i use apt-get to install java and i never
had problems.

--
Steve Ong Torrefranca
http://www.on-tvmall.com.tw

we write at least 3 lines of codes to do meaningful work in java but that does not mean its more complicated and a maintenance nightmare. Ruby on Rails do require lesser code, but judging a language by counting the number of lines is just not right.  What's next - look ma no code no bugs!