Cannot install base-config with apt-get

Philipude ulist at gs1.ubuntuforums.org
Wed Aug 3 10:32:31 UTC 2005

Console-Data have unmet dependencies implying no graphic mode.

As the Anonymous I have a variation of the same problem :

Using a Compaq Presario laptop, I had a HALF success only  :^o as I may
either have

*An updated breezy that catch ANY wireless AccessPoints in the
surroundings but without a graphic desktop OR

No wireless access and a nice Ubuntu gnome desktop using the outdated
Breezy CD. *

My problem seems to be that I need the apt-get dist-upgrade to make my
wifi card to work, but the apt-get dist-upgrade of Breezy imply that
*"console-tools" "console-data" and "base-config" have unmet
dependencies as a result of an error code(1)* leaving the desktop
unaccessable??

Any suggestions to meet these dependencies?

I had to upgrade to Breezy, and the latest kernel 2.6.12 to get the
Ralink chipset of the wifi-card to work with this laptop.

--
Philipude