Help understanding mounting usb

ZIYAD A. M. AL-BATLY zamb at saudi.net.sa
Wed Aug 3 08:45:46 UTC 2005

On Wed, 2005-08-03 at 07:55 +0100, Magnus Therning wrote:
> Is there any reason why you have a partition on the device at all? My
> experience is that USB storage devices have their filesystem on the
> device, i.e. there is only /dev/sda no /dev/sda1.
Hi Magnus...

Could you _please_ elaborate more on the subject!  From *my* experience,
a partition is *required* in order to use the device.  I never saw a
storage device (whatever it's, removable or not) that doesn't have
partitions on it, even a 256MiB USB stick-disk I regularly use.

Thanks.
Ziyad.