updatedb every morning at 6.30am

Serg Belokamen serg.belokamen at gmail.com
Wed Aug 3 06:05:17 UTC 2005

You are correct, it does database update for use with 'locate' utility.

You can disable it or reschedule it, you will find initialisation
script for it in one or more of the cron.* directories under /etc.

E.g.:
/etc/cron.daily
/etc/cron.weekly
/etc/cron...

Personaly I would recomend rescheduling rather then disabling.

   Cheers,
      Serg