memory usage

neocon2005 ulist at gs1.ubuntuforums.org
Tue Aug 2 18:51:27 UTC 2005

Thank you very much for the link to the Gentoo forum. A little bit of
knowledge about how Linux manages memory has put my mind to ease (not
that I am an expert on Linux memory management now). I will no longer
be surprised to see my RAM being close to full. From what I understood
in reading the Gentoo forum post, it is not a terrible thing to have a
bloated swap either. Am I correct?

Now I can 'free -m' (free my mind!)  \\:D/

--
neocon2005