Not Happy with ShipIt

Vincent Trouilliez vincent.trouilliez at modulonet.fr
Tue Aug 2 01:27:52 UTC 2005

> I am extremely greatful that there are people out there that will truly give you something for free

Indeed :o)

>  and not expect anything in return.

Surely they DO expect something in return ! They expect you to not let
the CD's rot in a drawer unused, but rather give them away to people and
do your best to spread the word of Ubuntu to increase its popularity...
I think it's called marketing/promotion ;o)
Still, I would rather pay for shipping, or at least participate, but get
them within a reasonably short and predictable time frame.
Hell, I would even pay 80 Euros, if Canonical could sort out a nice
boxed version, with good quality printed materials inside (beginners
guide, and a comprehensive reference book), like Mandrake does (only
other distro I know.. before I switched to Ubuntu of course ;o) and
probably Suse (I assume, but never bought it).

--
Vince