Firefox crashes

Marc Williams marcw at onlymooo.com
Mon Aug 1 20:28:53 UTC 2005

J.Markoll wrote:

> Marc Williams a écrit :
> | I am a new 5.04 user after having used several other distros in the
> past
> | 4 years or so.  I really like what I see so far.  Everything is up to
> | date as of yesterday
> |
> | There is a specific web page that crashes Firefox.  Let me point:
> |
> | http://tournaments.usta.com/tournaments/Schedule/Search.aspx
> | In the tournament ID field enter 555113605 -> Find It.
> | Instant crash.
> |
> | The reason I am writing here instead of a Mozilla forum is that this
> | same scenario works fine in my FC4 machine with the exact same Firefox
> | version, same plugins, etc.
> |
> | I would appreciate it if anyone else confirm (or refute) this crash.
> | Also if there's any idea on what causing it to crash with Hoary but not
> | Fedora?  Thanks!
> Ubuntu Hoary, new 1.0.6 Firefox: I refute your crash.
> In such case, first I would watch the Cpu use. But I'm just a newbie,
> someone might have a more precise idea where to look.
> Menu/Applications/System tools, for the Cpu and other criterias.

I found the problem.  It was indeed a misbehaing browser plugin.
Specifically, I had unknowingly installed the wrong Flash plugin.  (Who
knew there was more than one...).  I had originally installed the one
called libflash-mozplugin.  As soon as I uninstalled that one and
installed the one called flashplayer-mozilla, everything once again is
back to normal.  Thanks to you and others for responding.