Summary of Community Meeting on Artwork

Levander levander at mindspring.com
Mon Aug 1 19:05:53 UTC 2005

stray wrote:

>The only thing I'm not wild about is the one woman (December) with the
>tattoo on her lower back. While the picture itself is nice, that kind
>of tattoo is known as a TRAMP STAMP. Probably should have been
>photoshopped (gimped?) out.

Sounds like you've got a little of the puritanicism youself.  Friend of
mine has a tattoo parlor I hung around sometimes in the past.  Never
heard TRAMP STAMP before.  Lots of ladies have gotten tattoos on their
lower back.

The last company I worked at, the director of human resources 2had a
tattoo their.  She was attractive, divorced once and remarried, with
four kids from her first marriage.  Lots of comments amongst the guys at
a pool party at that company about how good she looked, never heard
TRAMP STAMP.  I knew her husband really well, can't imagine she was ever
a tramp.  And, when I worked with her, she was way too busy.

TRAMP STAMP (all caps is the puritanical way to spell it?) sounds like a
local joke amongst guys that you heard that you weren't aware was just a
joke and not an indicator of a lifestyle choice some people make.

Anyway, I'm glad yall decided not to get rid of most of the artwork.
You've seen the statues by Michelangelo?  And, some of the ridiculous
pictures of them when these statues were sent on tours being displayed
in museums with cloths strategically placed on them in the 1800's?

-Levander