Not Happy with ShipIt

Vincent Trouilliez vincent.trouilliez at modulonet.fr
Mon Aug 1 14:10:37 UTC 2005

> I found a yellow slip in my mailbox from the US Postal Service, saying
> that they had attempted delivery of a package, but I was not available
> to receive it.  So, they were supposed to have it at the post office.
> I went to the post office, and they couldn't find it.  I spoke to my
> postal carrier, who described to me the undelivered package, which
> sounded a lot like my order of Ubuntu CDs.
>
> The USPS has no tracking number, and apparently no clue where the package is.
>
> And so, the saga continues . . .
>
> --
>
>   -- AL --

Hmmm... as we discussed before... shipit really needs some kind of new
options to let people pay a little something if they want/need fairly
fast and reliable (tracking?) shipping, and/or to get DVD's, if they
can't download ISO. Whatever the fee would be, I doubt it would be
anywhere near 80 or 100 Euros, which is about what Mandrake or Suse cost
IIRC.

Maybe there is a wiki page somewhere on the Ubuntu site that pertains to
shipit, where we could suggest these ideas ??

--
Vince