Ubuntu DVD (OT)

Michael Wagner info at callacd.com
Mon Aug 1 13:24:30 UTC 2005

dipankar das wrote:
> On Monday 01 August 2005 13:31, Dennis Kaarsemaker wrote:
>
>>On ma, 2005-08-01 at 11:58 +0530, Rameshkumar wrote:
>>
>>>Is Ubuntu DVD is aviable for the lastest version ?
>>>
>>>Since I am using the normal internet of 64 KBs at my house, I am not
>>>able to download. Please help in in this regarding.
>>
>>It is only available for download. The shipit people only send out cds,
>>not dvds.

[snip]

> If a DVD is available, or, if someone kind enough in the community has the
> resources to copy the whole repository and write it on a DVD and send it to
> us, it can be copied cheaply and easily. And the charge necessary for it we
> can bear. I really liked the Ubuntu distro. It has very successfully avoided
> the intimidating nature of many other distros without compromising the
> stability or flexibility and power. And from the one CD i got we already
> copied it a few times, and on several machines it is running. From the DVD we
> can get a real help.
>
> For GLT-Madhyamgram (www.geocities.com/ddipankardas/)

Hi,

I have already created a three DVD set with the universe, the multiverse
and some other smaller repositories (which I have forgotten right now)
on them. You can add them to your sources.lst using apt-cdrom. Just do
an apt-get update and then the wanted apt-get installs to install
additional software.

These DVDs are only addons to Ubuntu, you cannot install from them, but
install the software you need.

I am still working on getting the current security-repository on a cd,
but I still havent got the time to rewrite my local running scripts :(
Maybe in the next days...

I can send you a set of these DVDs for just the needed shipping and
material (I still need to check what the shipping fee would be).

I have already created these DVDs for x86, PPC and AMD64, so the
question is: What do you need?

Please tell me, what architectures you want to recieve and if you have
another day or two I can rewrite the scripts to add security fixes and
maybe any other repository you need...

Please mail me, if you are interested and I will check the needed
shipping costs.

Greetings from Germany

Michael