Distrowatch down for several days?

Ari Torhamo ari.torhamo at saunalahti.fi
Fri Apr 29 11:36:44 UTC 2005

On Fri, 2005-04-29 at 13:04 +0200, Vincent Trouilliez wrote:

> That would have been me ! ;-) In fact the site was working fine. The
> problem was that I used the URL : "www.distrowatch.ORG", which
> apparently was only an alias for the real URL which is .COM.
> The  .ORG alias apparently is not valid anymore, so I started using
> the .COM and it has always worked perfectly since.

I should have guessed it was you Vince! :-)

I have tried both .org and .com already. I tried the link WakkiTabakki
provided in his message too. I even did a searche in Google for
"distrowatch" and tried to click links for pages that reside at
distrowatch.com. None of these things worked :-(

This is very strange. I visit a lot of web pages daily, many of which I
haven't visited before and I haven't had similar problems with any pages
during the time I have had this problem with Distrowatch :-o

If I remember right Vince, one of the replies you got for your question
about this subject back then suggested that the problem could somehow be
with the name server you use. Do you happen to have that thread saved?
Maybe it could help me. I'm completely incapable of resolving problem
myself :-/

Thanks,

Ari