ldso

Craig Jackson cjackson at localsurface.com
Thu Apr 28 01:20:52 UTC 2005

Hi,
I have my first experience with Ubuntu and it's very very nice. I am
using for a mail gateway on an amd64. Ubuntu provides me with the base
server and I compile the primary daemon server software like exim (4.50)
and mysql (4.1.11).

The problem is the system library cache. ldconfig works but in order to
get the libraries at boot I believe I need to use ld.so.preload-manager.
ldso used to work by adding directory path to the libraries to the ld.so
file, but it appears that ld.so.preload-manager can only handle the path
to individual files themselves. I added the directory and had to boot
into Knoppix to delete the preload file. How does ld.so.preload-manager
work [I have read to man page] but I need to know for sure because I
don't want to have to use Knoppix again?

Thanks,
Craig Jackson