[openoffice] size of pdf exported in oowriter

Carl Devos zongonation at gmail.com
Wed Apr 27 09:40:06 UTC 2005

Hello,

I have got this little problem with OpenOffice (1.1 and 2.0) that when
I export to PDF format a sxw file (text only, one page), its size is
always huge (over 200 kb).
When I boot on Knoppix and do the same, the size of the file is above 10 kb.

I exported a text with just "hello, world!" and the PDF file size is 115 kb.

I have noticed the same problem with Debian.

I thought it was because openoffice was not installed with Java, but I
installed version 2.0 from hoary universe after installing java as
recommended in the ubuntuguide.org, and it does not change anything
(although  tools -> options -> java says OOo2 is using Sun's JRE
1.5.0_02 and the checkbox 'use a JRE' is ticked).

Did anybody found a way to get the PDF files as small as with Knoppix?

Thanks in advance,

--
Carl
<frogman> how can i tell if i am getting attacked by another computer?