Fw: Ubuntu is not live-booting in OZ

Cybe R. Wizard cyber_wizard at mindspring.com
Mon Apr 25 14:24:45 UTC 2005

Mr. Michael Hunt, here is my last communication with my OZian friend:

Begin forwarded message:

Date: Mon, 25 Apr 2005 19:07:19 +0800
From: Ærchie <snipped eddrress>
To: "Cybe R. Wizard" <reply to Ubuntu users list>
Subject: Re: Ubuntu is not live-booting in OZ

> Let me know how you get on. I do travel down south on occasion to a
> little town called Dunsbourough. Given the wine he was drinking he
> couldn't live to far away from where I normally stay. Maybe he could
> share a drop or two of his favourite vintage and I could make puns
> about his name :-)
>
> "Michael" Hunt.
>
> Aerchie,

> I will pursue this further if that is your request or, if you are
> still interested and willing to wait a while, I am getting a new
> shipment of the new "Hoary" (newly released stable version) and will
> gladly send one along.  I believe that running the CD you currently
> have is possible but might be more trouble than you wish to have.
> Let me know your wishes.
> Cybe

Hiya Cybe - thanks for this - and for dobbing me in  :)

This internet is a strange and wonderful place. I am communicating with
you
across almost half the world and you are passing my words on to someone
who
was probably only a few miles away from me. Michael says he travels
south to
Dunsborough - That probably means he works in Perth which is where I was
at
the time of the previous communications. You may pass on to Michael that
my
favourite drop of red is Paul Conti's Cab/Sav. It does help when you
know
the   oenologist. Paul also makes a very good drop of grappa but don't
tell
the revenooers - - -

I apologise for mis-using his name. I blame the 2002 vintage for the
misdemeanor. That and a very good Margaret River cheddar.

There seem to be all sorts of strangely named Linux O/S's - yes, I will
give
it a try if you would be good enough to pass it on. At the very least I
will
be able to give feedback from an Acer users viewpoint.

Ærchie - now up in Broome and soon to be back in Punmu.

---End forwarded massage---

So, there you have it.  I will be sending him a Hoary CD as soon as they
arrive here.  Thank you for your kind help in this matter.

Cybe R. Wizard
--
Q: What's the difference between MicroSoft Windows and a virus?
A: Apart from the fact that viruses are supported by their authors,