automatically restarting crashed application (azureus)

toyfactory ulist at gs1.ubuntuforums.org
Mon Apr 25 09:17:15 UTC 2005

egg Wrote:
> Hi guys,

> i've been having the same problem of Azureus crashing every few hours.
> Still can't solve the problem ...

> so... your idea sounds good. However, I'm a noob at linux,

> maybe you can just explain in a little more detail/step by step... what
> i need to do here?

> Thanks!

Hi Egg,

As Tom suggested you might be better off using different client or
simply the one built into Gnome.  Alternatively here's the workaround
I'm using:

Create a text file called az containing the following commands:

Code:
--------------------
    #!/bin/bash

  while true; do azureus; sleep 5; done
--------------------

Make the file executable using the command:

Code:
--------------------
    chmod a+x az
--------------------

Then run the file using:

Code:
    ./az

If Azureus crashes, the script will wait five seconds before starting
again giving you enough time to hit Ctrl-C if you really want to quit.

Cheers,

Nick

--
toyfactory