idiot-proofing

Drewcore drewsph at gmail.com
Sun Apr 24 07:27:53 UTC 2005

> Disabling right click would have to be done at the xorg (windows)
> level, and would disable a lot of functionality in programs.

i want to do this because it's a 3 year old that clicks with both
fingers and has a tendency to open menus when he just wants to draw
another line in tuxpaint

> As for the logout icon, that's a good one.  I'm not sure if just
> making a launcher to run 'logout' is good enough... but it's worth a
> shot. I'd like to see other tips on this...

i don't believe that ubuntu has the logout command available on a
default install. i tried running it both from a launcher and from
xterm, and (on xterm) got an error about command not found, etc. it's
not a critical issue for me, but it would be nice to not have to run
into the next room to get rid of a menu that the child activated by
right clicking... oh well.

drew

--
dc .. drewcore.com