KDE vs. Gnome (Questions, not a Troll)

audriusb at homelan.lt audriusb at homelan.lt
Fri Apr 22 15:16:17 UTC 2005

Quoting Ed Sutherland <digital at twcny.rr.com>:

1) GNOME and KDE are using different sound systems by default. Your complain
shows me, that ALSA is perfectly configured on your computer, because it is
default system for GNOME. Look for ALSA installation on KDE and you'll be
lucky.

2) Don't clutter desktop with icons. GNOME has better tool for application
launching: add some drawers to task bar (top of screen in UBUNTU). Place
launchers of your favorite applications into drawer. You can put drawer into
drawer, generating very complex constructions.
Right click on task bar or drawer when you want to place something into it.

Gediminas Bukauskas