Verizon DSL and Ubuntu?

sarava at verizon.net sarava at verizon.net
Thu Apr 21 14:15:16 UTC 2005

David:
I also have verizon and I use the Cd to setup on my computer with dual boot at windows XP. I think that all that they use the CD for is to install msn premium ( the worst thing to ever happen to the internet), but I did not use it to install it on my other machine. In both machines with linus I did not have to install any driver for the westlink router. You can call and setup you acount name and password and then you just type 192.168.1.1 and you should be able to setup you dsl. I don't knkow if this helps but it worked fine for me. Ubuntu was able to detect my connection automatically. if you are using some wireless connection then that is anoter matter.