Skype

janne jan.moren at lucs.lu.se
Wed Apr 20 05:01:39 UTC 2005

tis 2005-04-19 klockan 21:21 -0700 skrev Daniel Robitaille:
> On Tue, 2005-19-04 at 18:06 -0600, nekrataal at spymac.com wrote:
> >
> > I have troubles with skype and hoary, ive read all over the forums, but no real
> > solution, only killing esd seems to work..i even installed polypaudio since i
> > read somewhere that esddsp skype used to work on warty and warty used
> > polypaudio....anyone knows how to get skype working without killing esd...i
> > really want to be able to hear music and recive call from skype budies...
> >

> this may work for you for Skype, or may not...or may create some
> undesirable side-effects (see bugzilla for more details).  But if you
> are desperate it may be worth trying:
>
> *) remove polypaudio and reinstall esound
>
> *) in /etc/esound/esd.conf, set auto_spawn=1   (which in my case was my
> default in Warty but not in Hoary)
>
> *) logout and then login again.

May or may not help, but for me all I had to do was to kill esd and
Skype works. And since esd (and artsd) are more trouble than they are
worth for me in any case, I don't miss it at all.

--
Trust the Computer. The Computer is your friend.

Tel. (Japan) 090-3622 8920            Dr. Jan Morén (mr)
                                      Dept. of Cognitive Science
http://lucs.lu.se/people/jan.moren    Lund, Sweden