adding new wm to kdm hoary

Avinash Sridhar avinash.sridhar at gmail.com
Tue Apr 19 01:25:59 UTC 2005

hi ,
I was wondering how to add a new window manager to show up at my login
screen. I know that kdm is the login manager but there is no option in
kcontrol to change the session. Also i need to apply this manually as
i built the wm from source. I have tried to add the name of the
wm.desktop in the /usr/share/apps/kdm/sessions directory and make the
necessary changes to the file to reflect the new wm . But no matter
what i try i still am not able to get the option to show up at login.
Im sure im missing something silly . Any help will be greatly
appreciated .