Openoffice stops working

Andy andy.choens at gmail.com
Mon Apr 18 11:46:17 UTC 2005

It's not much of a fix, but have you tried installing OO2?

This might work for you and I have found the beta to be pretty stable.
 It's only crashed on me twice in the last couple of months.

Did you check your user processes to see if you have OO running in the
the background, but locked up?  Recently I couldn't get realplay to do
anything and then I realized that there was a background process of
realplay that was causing my problems.  I killed it and everything was
fine again.

--andy

On 4/18/05, Christoph Georgi <christoph.georgi at web.de> wrote:
> I ran 'openoffice' from the terminal and did not get any error. I just
> copied an image of my installation on my hard drive and it's working now
> (hopefully for a while).. I'm currently in desperate need of Office as I
> have to write papers.. not very much time for messing around :(
>
> thanks
> .christoph
>
> Daniel Robitaille wrote:
> > On Mon, 2005-18-04 at 15:06 +1200, Christoph Georgi wrote:
> >
> >>Sorry for replying to my own post: Even after removing the openoffice
> >>packages completely (purge) and deleting the ~/.openoffice folder and
> >>reinstalling the whole thing via the ubuntu-desktop meta package,
> >>openoffice crashes as soon as any type of documents is opened.
> >

> > what is the error message you get for these crashes?  run "ooffice" from
> > the command line to see any error (hopefully).
> >

> --
>
> Christoph Georgi

Andy Choens
Teen Leadership Program Director