OpenOffice2 package

Kevin C. Smith kevin at linuxsmith.com
Sun Apr 17 02:34:15 UTC 2005

On Sat, 2005-04-16 at 22:14 -0400, Matt Price wrote:
> On Fri, Apr 15, 2005 at 11:10:49AM +0100, spamse wrote:
> > I am keen to get OpenOffice 2 up and running on my machine. I realise
> > it is still in beta, but I have used it on Windows and it is quite
> > slick. I am having problems getting the packages. Any clues? (see
> > below)
>
> does anyone know whether the current packages are compiled with java
> support?  Much more of OOo relies on java in version 2.0...
>
> matt
>
> --------------------------
>  .''`.       Matt Price
> : :'  :      Debian User
> `. `'` 	     & hemi-geek
>   `-
> if you're an evil spambot, these addresses are for you:  aardvark at derailleur.org, zeus at derailleur.org

I believe they are not. Since java is not "free".
I agree with this position and at the same time would like to see
the java included to get the full functionality. It's a tough one.

I read somewhere that there is an attempt to get Openoffice to compile
with gcj, however I don't know how it is going to date.
--
Kevin C. Smith