Video editing/mastering : need advice...

Vincent Trouilliez vincent.trouilliez at modulonet.fr
Sat Apr 16 04:32:36 UTC 2005

> I don't know if this will help but I tried doing it in gst-editor or
> gstreamer-editor in synaptic. The process is not quite strate forward
> so I could be making a mistake but at least you can try it. Just
> open the file an change the  file source and sink location values.
> And then do gst-xmllaunch-0.8 fixmono.xml
>
> Olafur Arason

Hi Olafur,

Thanks for replying. Can you explain the procedure with a bit more
detail please ?
I opened Synaptic, installed "gstreamer-editor".
Then I opened a terminal, typed "gst-editor", then I opened my .asf
video file, but it reports an error in the terminal window :

** (gst-editor:6429): WARNING **: parse of xml file
'/home/vincent/Desktop/essai.asf' failed

Looks like it can't open .asf files, and expected an xml file..

I am really shooting in the dark here, help.....

--
Vince