No network after installing Hoary

Gustav Haraldsson ulist at gs1.ubuntuforums.org
Sat Apr 16 01:09:43 UTC 2005

Im having the exact same problems, im connected via my ISP with a DHCP.
Works great in windows, but when i try e.g dhclient it tries to send
DHCP request but without any luck (much like what ingi wrote before.
Now i can see my netcard trying to send out the DHCP request (via
lights) but with no luck (so the hardware is responding). Dmesg gives
some crazy results :

eth%d: -- ERROR --

Class : Internal Software error

Nr: 0x2bd

msg: TWSI : transfer does not exists.

My ifconfig is simular to Ingi's where i have no inet but just inet6.

Mii-tool says : SIOCGMIIPHY on 'eth0' failed: Operation not supported.

My system ran fine before on fedora Core 2

My dhclient.conf is fine.

Each time i try dhclient my dmesg shows some fun results eth0: no IPv6
router present. Could it be that IPv6 is screwing it up, that it is
actually just trying to connect with IPv6 instead of IPv4 ?

I've tried basicly everything, but i think the problem lies deeper then
just us user stupidity because on the boards u can find variety of
simular DHCP problems.

Well i hope someone has a good solution.

With Regards,

Gustav Haraldsson

--
Gustav Haraldsson