Synaptic Touchpad

Michael R Head burner at suppressingfire.org
Fri Apr 15 03:52:00 UTC 2005

On Sat, 2005-02-05 at 05:01 -0500, sard wrote:

> I've got a Dell Latitude c610 with a synaptic touchpad.  It works fine
> but I want to disable the little joystick mouse thing in the middle of
> the keyboard as it's faulty and causes the mouse cursor to wonder off.
> Anybody got any ideas?

$ sudo gedit /etc/X11/xorg.conf

Then find the region that looks like this:

Section "InputDevice"
        Identifier      "Synaptics Touchpad"
        Driver          "synaptics"
EndSection

Before EndSection, add "GuestMouseOff 1". Restart X (log out, then do a
ctrl-alt-backspace to make sure X is dead). Hopefully the stick will be
disabled.

mike

--
Michael R Head <burner at suppressingfire.org>