Old Mac theme for Gnome ?

Vincent Trouilliez vincent.trouilliez at modulonet.fr
Wed Apr 13 21:15:56 UTC 2005

> Vincent Trouilliez wrote:
>
> > Might even give me enough confidence to do another project that's
> > starting to haunt me... open up my 7 year old Nec Multisync 17" CRT
> > monitor, and replace its tube with a top of the range modern flat tube,
> > as I now want a top quality CRT, but out of the very few good quality
> > ones, have been unable to find anything with a case of the same kind of
> > design and build quality as my old Nec. I think it might be doable,
> > since modern CRT's are a little "slimmer" than their ancestors, so the
> > tube and electronic board should fit.
>
> i assume you are aware of the dangerous of opening up a crt monitor (high voltages). the list would miss you :-(

Don't worry (and thanks for caring ! :o), being an electronic engineer,
I feel a lot more confident with a the H/W part of things, than with
fixing bugs in Ubuntu, which I much prefer to leave for our lovely devs
to fix ! ;o)
Okay, I promise I will be extra-careful then, an accident is always
possible when you least expect it...

> if you put an lcd in there, you could fit a mini itx board in aswell i imagine.

Hmmm, I am hardly happy with LCD monitors. A few replacement
technologies are under development, it seems, but I reckon it will take
10 years for these new product to be fully developped, AND be cheap.
So in the meantime, since some modern CRT's give you incredible picture
quality (compared to my old CRT and todays LCDs ie) for a very low
price, it seems to be the only sensible way to upgrade.

--
Vince