Hoary upgrade: no network connection

Christoph Bier christoph.bier at web.de
Wed Apr 13 20:19:08 UTC 2005

Jonathan Thompson schrieb:
> I had this same problem. What worked for me was to delete Hoary (I
> deleted the partition) and re-installed from scratch. Hoary then work
> for me. [...]

Sorry, but this is really not an option for me! It's some years ago
that I had to do such things to keep my OS working. The running
system, we are currently talking about, is highly configured e.g.
with special fonts installed for TeX. It would be horrible to do it
all again. I'm quite sure there must be a real solution.

So, please don't leave me out in the rain, because *I* don't have
any ideas, what's going wrong with this Hoary machine. I've never
seen something like this.

Regards,
    Christoph
--