Hoary, spamassassin doesn't work fine anymore...

Oliver Grawert hostmaster at grawert.net
Tue Apr 12 12:40:05 UTC 2005

hi,
Am Dienstag, den 12.04.2005, 11:38 +0200 schrieb Andrea Giuliano:
> Dear all,
>
> I've been using Spamassassin for a couple of years, on Fedora 1, Fedora
> 2 and Warty, and everything was fine until I updated Warty to Hoary.
>
> Since then, spamassassin just catches a few spam messages, all the other
> spam (about 200 messages a day) is left untouched.
>
> I tried to re-teach spamassassin with several thousands of old spam, but
> almost nothing changed. I re-used my old configuration files from Warty,
> and even from Fedora, but still nothing happened.
>
> I found that Razor was not installed, so I installed it, still without
> results.
>
> I see that spamassassin nor razor are supported by ubuntu, so I come
> with two questions.
>
> 1) Why spamassassin doesn't work in Hoary as it did in Warty?
>
> 2) What other anti spam system can be used in Hoary?
it works like expected here, i recieve about 500 mails a day and SA is
missing about one spam a month i have to delete manually.

if you did preserve your /home directroy over the several
installs/distros (as i did once), it might be that the spam rules in
~/.spamassassin dont match the installed version anymore, try to wipe
this dir and wait until SA learned again....

ciao
	oli