Hoary, spamassassin doesn't work fine anymore...

Andrea Giuliano a.giuliano at iccu.sbn.it
Tue Apr 12 09:38:20 UTC 2005

Dear all,

I've been using Spamassassin for a couple of years, on Fedora 1, Fedora
2 and Warty, and everything was fine until I updated Warty to Hoary.

Since then, spamassassin just catches a few spam messages, all the other
spam (about 200 messages a day) is left untouched.

I tried to re-teach spamassassin with several thousands of old spam, but
almost nothing changed. I re-used my old configuration files from Warty,
and even from Fedora, but still nothing happened.

I found that Razor was not installed, so I installed it, still without
results.

I see that spamassassin nor razor are supported by ubuntu, so I come
with two questions.

1) Why spamassassin doesn't work in Hoary as it did in Warty?

2) What other anti spam system can be used in Hoary?

For the second question, I see that there is just a bayesian filter
(bogofilter), but this is not enough, because a lot of spam can only be
trapped looking at black lists, or somewhere else.

Best regards.

--
Andrea Giuliano, Ph. D.
ICCU - Istituto Centrale per il Catalogo Unico