Any "Compellng" reason to upgrade?

Evan Monroig evan.ubuntu at gmail.com
Mon Apr 11 12:34:17 UTC 2005

I have a synaptics touchpad, and a usb mouse. Both were recognised on
install, and work well. If I disconnect the usbmouse, then the
synaptics touchpad continues to work. (and I have checked in
/etc/X11/xorg.conf that the synaptics touchpad uses the "synaptics"
drivers).

So this means that the problem you have exists only on certain
computers, and may not have appeared to the developpers. So it would
be a good idea for you to file a bug for it and help them to resolve
the problem for your hardware (and maybe other computer's hardware).
This is how we (=community) improve our free software (^_^).

Evan