I like Ubuntu

audriusb at homelan.lt audriusb at homelan.lt
Mon Apr 11 05:20:10 UTC 2005

Quoting crimsun at fungus.sh.nu:

Strictly speaking UBUNTU (and all Debian derivatives) have a very strong
concurent: thats Fedora.
I was working with RedHat for long time and switched to Debian when RedHat
suspended publishing of free version (Fedora was born 1 year later). I spent
many time studying Debian and don't want to waste a time again backing to
Fedora.
UBUNTU is good for me and all Debianers because Debian stable is using very old
packages. Some of them are 2 or 3 year old, but I recommend young penguins to
taste Fedora: it is nice free distribution and many problems which I met on
UBUNTU are solved there.
Fore example, I did not find the WINE binary DEB package for my AMD64 while RPM
of this package does exist. I tried to compile this package, but C++ compiler
does not accept -m32 option.

Gediminas Bukauskas