Best way to upgrade?

Ed Sutherland digital at twcny.rr.com
Sun Apr 10 03:38:19 UTC 2005

On Sat, 2005-04-09 at 09:56 -0500, Tab Gilbert wrote:
> Last night I did the add Hoary repositories to apt/synaptic method.
> This morning followed the post-install instructions and restarted.
> Everything is going smooth so far.  They did a major improvement in
> this version and I am very impressed.
>
> Tab
> A complete newbie

I too am impressed with the rapid progression of desktop Linux
distributions, such as Ubuntu. A few months ago, I would spend days
seeking the answer how to get the windowing environment to appear; today
I spend just a few minutes. Months ago, the simple act of playing an
audio CD meant much research and trial and error; today I put in an
audio CD, the CD player app appears and I click a button. Months ago,
KDE was ahead of Gnome due to its willingness to recognize the need for
non-free support; today Gnome is far ahead in function and design. I can
barely wait to see what the future holds for Linux and Ubuntu.

Ed