No network after installing Hoary

Jonathan Thompson ubantu001 at gmail.com
Sat Apr 9 20:57:14 UTC 2005

Guys, I too am a newbie, have upgraded from Warty (new install) to
Hoary and have exactly the same problem. Hoary can see the local
network but cannot see the Internet. I can ping the gateway at
192.168.000.001, I can enter the gateways setup prog. or ping anything
else on the net. All the other computers on the network have no
problem and this (Dell 9100 laptop) also has no problem if I boot to
windows rather than Hoary. The IP is static and is 192.168.000.210
subnet 255.255.255.000 and gateway is 192.168.000.001.

Any help will be most appreciated.

Paul