Multi-user setup and Evolution... bug ?

Vincent Trouilliez vincent.trouilliez at modulonet.fr
Sat Apr 9 07:23:08 UTC 2005

Okay, fresh install of Hoary final, single user setup.
I go to Ubuntu's site and see that one of the screenshots shows a very
ugly non-gtk OpenOffice (http://www.ubuntu.com/include/ubuntu5.png) not
very good publicity for potential users I tought. Not wnating to be told
that I spend all my time only complaining, I decided to make a better
screenshot, with the gtk package installed (as is by default). Haivng
already spent some time customizing my desktop, and not wanting to ruin
it, but understanding the need to show a default Ubuntu desktop, I
decide to quickly create another user, which logically should have a
100% default Desktop. It works fine, and I make a screenshot (where do I
send it now, btw ?).

HOWEVER, when I log out, and back it my normal/first account, and try to
start Evolution, it greets me with the usual wizard and asks me to set
up my account ! Shocking ! :-O
How the hell the simple fact of switching users and coming back, made
Evolution forget my (POP) account settings ?? :o(

Can anyone reproduce this problem ?

--
Vince, a bit worried...