Hoary Success but internet access problems

Jonathan Thompson ubantu001 at gmail.com
Sat Apr 9 04:15:37 UTC 2005

Hi All,

Downloaded Hoary with Torrent this morning. Burnt ISO and installed
just fine everything inclueding the graphics are purfect...... except
this one thing.... I cannot get on to the internet.

I can ping the gateway, no problem I can ping other machines on the
network, no prob. there is no firewall enabled on the gateway.
According to the little computer screens that sit in the top right and
cornner everything is ok and they show lots of activity in fact I
would say to much activity as the flicker all the time. Can anyone
help.

I have a Dell 9100 and dual boot with WinXP. This email is being sent
from the Dell but under WinXP which works fine. All worked with Warty.

Regards,

Paul