pimp my download

Kurt A. Bartnik kbartnik at gmail.com
Sat Apr 9 00:59:53 UTC 2005

On Fri, 2005-04-08 at 10:23 +0200, Maximilian Gerlach wrote:
> Come on guys, get the torrents and help me getting the hoary release
> (Look at the homepage!) faster! :)

Speaking of BitTorrent, my university throttles BitTorrent traffic down
to a trickle; making it all but useless for this sort of thing.

I know that more and more sites are using BT for large file transfers,
so here is my question for the groupmind:

Do any of you know of any good resources (articles, websites, etc.) that
I can use to back up a request to the powers that be that BT is really a
good thing and that they should throttle up BT traffic?

Thanks,

Kurt
--
Kurt A. Bartnik <kbartnik at gmail.com>