Problem with Monitor

Thomas Beckett thomas.beckett at gmail.com
Fri Apr 8 09:56:31 UTC 2005

On Apr 8, 2005 9:42 AM, mailing.list at srivastava.mailshell.com
<mailing.list at srivastava.mailshell.com> wrote:
> I sucessfully installed Ubuntu 5.04. I am a beginner but in the past
> few days, I tried out RH9, SUSE and LIBRANET but so far I found UBUNTU
> quite nice.
>
> The only problem that I can't resolve is the monitor screen. It shifts
> a little bit to the right and when I adjust and go back to WIndowsXP
> it shift to the left.
>
> I didn't face this problem with SUSE and LIBRANET. How do I resolve it?
>
> Thanx/Kailash

Some things to try - often this is due to differing refresh rates. try
setting the refresh rate tothe same you use in wondows. you can do
this inthe screen resolution prog. Its in the preferences section on
your menu. Also, check if your actual resolution differs although i
expect you would notice that right away.
Another thing that gave similar things for me was when i used the open
source nv nvidia driver the screen was off centre but installing the
proprietory driver sorted it, so if you are running on an Nvidia (or
ATI o guess too) then you might want to install the proprietory
drivers.

hope it helps

Tom