[Hoary] How to assign a volume label to removeable devices ?

Byron Poland wpoland at gmail.com
Thu Apr 7 19:11:14 UTC 2005

On Apr 6, 2005 1:35 PM, Vincent Trouilliez
<vincent.trouilliez at modulonet.fr> wrote:
> > Also, it might be nice to have it built in to nautilus so that all you
> > have to do is right-click the disk and click something like "Rename"
> > and be able to type in a new name.
> >
> > ~Matt
>
> Yes, ideally that's what I had in mind when I originally posted...
>
> Vince

I think this is a good Idea too.  Perhaps I should add it to bugzilla
as a feature request.  But there are a lot of issues.  I think 1. It
should reguire sudo/root privliges to do this, even in a gui, and 2.
does this go as an Ubuntu request or a Nautilus request, where the
later opens up more cans of worms.  I don't know that there is an easy
way to go about this.