"I'm not dead yet... I think I'll go for a walk..."

Philippe Landau lists at mailry.net
Thu Apr 7 11:59:17 UTC 2005

volvoguy wrote:
>>>Keep up the good works devs, let me know if I can help with anything
>>>directly. If there's no super-tight deadline, it actually helps me
>>>keep my mind off my aches and pains. :)
>>do you also think these lists have lost some vitality ?
> Vitality - no, I don't think so. The overall feel of the group seems
> to have changed since the early days though (and not necessarily in a
> bad way). I think we all had that "new toy" feeling at first, and now
> that we've (or I've)  been using for "regular work", the new toy
> excitement has worn off a little bit. In it's place though, it's left
> a feeling of pride and confidence in our project and I think that's a
> much better state of mind. Toys wear out - communities grow. :o)
true, there are more participants now.
but do you realise me and Shawn were the only ones replying
on a personal level ? that was a bit shocking for me at first.
there seem to be more groupies now,
reminding me of the pseudo-elitist attitude of old mac fanatics,
but is there a community ? or ubuntu ?

kind regards     philippe