XFCE Question

demon666_nl ulist at gs1.ubuntuforums.org
Thu Apr 7 00:36:01 UTC 2005

azz Wrote:
> The file manager is rox-filer.
>
> If you start rox at the command line with the -p swith, you enable the
> pinboard (desktop)
>
> rox-filer -p=1
>
> (You can have many different pinboards.)  You can put a background
> image on it and all sort of stuff.  It is not a real directory, though,
> just symlinks.  Do not save anything there.  You can also enable
> right-clicks to go to the wm, as opposed to rox.  Look in the
> properties menu.
>
> Is there a place to put startup commands in XFCE?
>
> I tried XFCE a while back, but I don't dislike this version of it so
> much...
from http://www.xfce.org/index.php?page=documentation&lang=en#start :

"Use startxfce4 to start an Xfce session; this includes the session
manager, the panel, the window manager and the desktop background
manager. All programs, or symbolic links to programs, in
~/Desktop/Autostart/ will be run by startxfce4 on startup."

I run XFCE4 on my server/gateway and I like it very much!

--
demon666_nl