Customizing Ubuntu

Alfred Vahau alfredv at upng.ac.pg
Wed Apr 6 06:48:43 UTC 2005

Hi,
One week into using Ubuntu, I find it great and easy to use.
I am now customizing it to use for online catalogue browing for our library.
Firefox is preloaded so I have customized Firefox already.

What I want to know is what minimal functionality is required to use for
browsing the catalogue?
I have disabled or deleted applications that I don't need like
OpenOffice suite, multimedia and graphics
and mail applications.

I want to disable the right-mouse button which gives the properties of
the desktop and I want to disable the menu for a terminal.

Are there any tutorials that I can look up. Tutorials on the customizing
the Firefox are excellent from the Google
search. I hope users familiart with applications of Ubuntu as a web
browser for the library systems will be able to throw
in some tips that I can look into.

Thanks in advance for any help.

Alfred,