wireless mouse problems

Julio Biason julio.biason at terra.com.br
Mon Apr 4 23:49:39 UTC 2005

On Mon, 2005-04-04 at 11:50 -0500, Drewcore wrote:
> hi. i was using a microsoft usb mouse up until a few days ago, when
> one of my friends gave me a kensington wireless usb mouse. it was
> working fine until yesterday, when i noticed the scroll wheel, instead
> of going down when i roll down, it jerks down a line then up a line.
> same occurs when i try to scroll up... i really like this wireless
> deal, but i like using my scroll wheel more. does anyone know what
> might cause this behavior?

Hmm... It looks like a driver problem. I have an optical mouse too
(neither Microsoft, nor kensington -- it is a "clone") and it is working
perfectly since Warty.

Here is the relevant xorg.conf options, in case you want to compare:

Section "InputDevice"
        Identifier      "Configured Mouse"
        Driver          "mouse"
        Option          "CorePointer"
        Option          "Device"                "/dev/input/mice"
        Option          "Protocol"              "ImPS/2"
        Option          "Emulate3Buttons"       "true"
EndSection

The lines you must look are the ZAxixMapping and the Protocol, I think.

I've just noted that I have a "Synpatics" configuration also, but I
don't have any device like that. Maybe some update added this to your
configuration too and it is making your mouse go nuts (wild guess here).

--
Julio Biason <julio.biason at terra.com.br>