kde problems in hoary after upgrade

jery_wang2002 ulist at gs1.ubuntuforums.org
Sat Apr 2 05:08:17 UTC 2005

Zach Wrote:
> Okay I seem to have found the kulprit, though I can't explain it and I
> don't know how to solve it.  Maybe somebody smarter/wiser can provide
> insight.
>
> The problem seems to be the line:
> Option "RenderAccel" "1", to enable hardware acceleration (I believe
> for mpeg2 decoding).  When it is present I can boot into X find, but I
> cannot log into KDE, nor can I start up most qt apps (anecdotal
> evidence only) from another WM.  gtk apps run fine.  When I remove the
> RenderAccel option, everything is fine.

Yes, although my symptom is different (I use GNOME and whenever I open
konqueror and click certain URL with firefox always locks up my
system), after I disable "RenderAccell" "1",

The lock up now dissapear.

Thanks for finding out that little nasty thing.

Now, I hope there is update to nvidia-glx very soon.

--
jery_wang2002