Services & Auto-Updating

Epps, Aaron M. Epps.Aaron at mayo.edu
Thu Sep 30 21:31:58 UTC 2004

	Thanks for your help.  I was aware that the scripts in /etc/rcX.d existed, but I was wondering what tools Ubuntu uses to manage them.  For example, I know that Red Hat/Fedora uses a program called chkconfig, to manipulate the run levels.  Does Ubuntu not include any kind of tool for configuring runlevels?  If not, I'd recommend including the "Service Configuration" tool from GNOME System Tools, or at least chkconfig.  BTW, you guys (Community/Developers) rock!

Sincerely,
    Former Fedora Core Fan