How to use a USB-based Palm?

Scott Sweeny ssweeny at gmail.com
Thu Sep 30 20:28:41 UTC 2004

The /dev entry is only present when the device is trying to sync.  For
example, i set gnome-pilot to sync with my clie on ttyUSB1.  Normally,
this entry does not exist.  When I hit HotSync, the node is created,
gpilotd (daemon watching for sync) sees this, and initiates the sync
operation.  After, no trace of ttyUSB1 is to be found.
~Scott