A few annoyances

Rob Diehl diehlr at bellsouth.net
Wed Sep 29 22:32:48 UTC 2004

1) File Roller appears to like freezing the entire desktop when it locks
up (which I managed to do by simply dragging and dropping a directory
inside an archive out onto my hard drive). Not sure why. Is there a
better archive manager?

2) When I adjust the volume settings on my soundcard, why does it reset
the levels upon rebooting? These settings should be permanent.

3) Evolution 2.01 is not checking mail every 5 minutes. It only checks
mail when I explicitly tell it to, even though "Automatically check for
new mail" is selected with 5 minutes specified as the interval. Also,
how do you get Evolution to automatically add whoever is in the "To:"
field in an outgoing e-email to your Address Book?