What did I just update?

Nathan Palmer npalmer at thinktheweb.com
Wed Sep 29 18:12:43 UTC 2004

Ever since I installed Ubuntu I have been running the Smart Upgrade
through Synaptic once per day to keep my system up to date.  Most days
it seems like there are a lot of packages that it downloads and
installs.  Yet, 90% of the time once it's complete I can see no visual
different in the system.  There are ofcourse some exceptions to this.

My question/comment is this.  Would it be feasible to be able to have a
brief description or list of changes for each package that is upgraded?
Of course I can see that if this information isn't already someone
readily available it would require every maintainer for every package to
put those comments somewhere.

I just always ask myself whenever I finish my update.  "What did I just
update?"

Nathan Palmer